Stepping into the center is in itself a calming experience. The atmosphere is a respite form the bustle of Braddock Ave. I leave with a peaceful outlook and a healthier body.
- Spa Services
- Massage Therapy
- Spa Treatments
- Wellness Services
- Energy Medicine
- Couples Massage & Spa Services
- Pregnancy & Women's Health Sessions
- Areas of Specialty
- Private Yoga
- About Us
More than just a case of "the blues," depression is an illness, like diabetes or heart disease, thought to be caused by a variety of factors such as; genetics, brain chemistry, family dynamics and/or stressful, traumatic, emotionally wounding events. Depression will impact the mental, physical, and spiritual wellbeing of one in five people at some time in their life.
Depression shows itself in many different ways. Some symptoms include persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, emptiness, irritability, hopelessness, worthlessness, and helplessness.
People suffering from depression may experience:
- A loss of interest or pleasure in things normally enjoyed
- Trouble concentrating
- Trouble remembering things
- Trouble making decisions
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep or oversleep
- Changes in appetite or weight
- Decrease in energy
- Thoughts of death or even suicide
- Experience physical symptoms, like headaches, digestive disorders, and chronic pain, which do not have another medical explanation or respond to routine treatment.
Fortunately, there is help available for people with depression. At PCCHH we offer a variety of tools for individuals suffering from mild to severe depression.
Research has shown that psychotherapy can be a powerful and effective treatment option. At PCCHH, our psychotherapists are trained and experienced in working with individuals with many different levels of depression.