Stepping into the center is in itself a calming experience. The atmosphere is a respite form the bustle of Braddock Ave. I leave with a peaceful outlook and a healthier body.
- Spa Services
- Massage Therapy
- Spa Treatments
- Wellness Services
- Energy Medicine
- Couples Massage & Spa Services
- Pregnancy & Women's Health Sessions
- Areas of Specialty
- Private Yoga
- About Us
Arvigo Technique of Maya Abdominal Massage
Definition and History
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Massage are founded on the ancient Mayan technique of abdominal massage which is an external non invasive manipulation that repositions internal organs that have shifted, thereby restricting the flow of blood, lymph, nerve and chi.
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Massage address position and health of the pelvic and abdominal organs. The work is best known for the correction of the prolapsed, fallen, or tilted uterus and for the prevention and for relief of many common digestive disorders.
Benefits for Women
Normally the uterus leans slightly over the bladder in the center of the pelvis, about one and a half inches above the pubic bone. It is held in this position by muscles, the vaginal wall and ligaments that attach it to the back, front, and sides of the pelvis. Uterine ligaments are made to stretch to accommodate a growing fetus inside and to move freely when the bladder or bowel is full. The ligaments and muscles can weaken and loosen, causing the uterus to fall downward, forward, backward or to either side.
A uterus in any of these positions is called tilted or prolapsed. Modern medicine has little or nothing to offer women with this problem. Options may include using the birth control pill, muscle relaxants, or surgery and women are generally told, "your uterus is tipped, but that is normal and don't worry about it." Yet women have a laundry list of physical and emotional symptoms that can be addressed and prevented with these simple, noninvasive massage techniques. When reproductive organs shift, they can constrict normal flow of blood and lymph, and disrupt nerve connections. Just a few extra ounces sitting on blood and lymph vessels can cause havoc throughout the different systems in the body. By shifting the uterus back into place, homeostasis, or the natural balance of the body, is restored in the pelvic area and the surrounding organs. Toxins are flushed and nutrients that help to tone tissue and balance hormones are restored to normal order. This is essential for healthy pregnancy, labor, and delivery.
Old adhesions from invasive treatments to the pelvic and abdominal area, including fibroid tumors, endometriosis, and cesarean delivery are diminished when addressed by uterine massage. In addition, digestion, urinary and bladder problems can be helped.
Digestive and Emotional Benefits
Individuals with digestive disorders benefit greatly from Maya Abdominal Massage. Many of our common disorders such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Indigestion, Constipation, and heartburn are treated with antacids, muscle relaxants, and a variety of other medications. These treatments address symptoms, not the causes. By using the techniques of Maya Abdominal Massage, the upper abdomen is also given a deep, thorough massage to loosen the tight muscles around the stomach and the arteries that feed the digestive and eliminative organs with their vital blood supply. The diaphragm is gently massaged allowing relaxation of tight musculature.
What to Expect in a Session
- Comprehensive review of your personal health history and current health care needs.
- Abdominal massage focused on aligning reproductive and abdominal organs
- Evaluation and application of structural correction of spine with attention to the sacrum , lumbar and thoracic spine.
- Instruction in Self Care Home techniques to enhance your professional treatment session
- Recommendation of complementary modalities:
- Herbal remedies
- Castor oil packs
- Faja (organ support wrap)
- Bajos (traditional vaginal steam bath of the Mayas - pronounced ba-hos)
- Nutritional and or lifestyle education and adaptations
Maya Abdominal Massage is not recommended under certain conditions. Please consult with your practitioner if you have any questions.
- During active menstruation
- IUD (intra-uterine device for contraception) is present
- Immediately after abdominal surgery
- Active infection or cancer present in pelvic area, or while undergoing active treatment of chemotherapy
- During the first trimester (19 weeks) of pregnancy
- Hiatal Hernia (gentle massage required)
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Massage are offered as a supportive modality to enhance health and wellness, and are not meant as an entire approach to health care. If you have any serious medical conditions, please consult your health care provider first.
This being said, techniques support and enhance health and wellness and have been found to provide satisfactory results when compared to alternate treatments.
Practitioners of The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Massage report that many common health care symptoms are alleviated by these techniques while organ functions are supported and enhanced.
This list contains the most common symptoms that are improved by incorporating this holistic modality into ones health care.
- Displaced or prolapsed uterus and or bladder
- Painful periods and ovulation
- Irregular menstrual cycles and ovulation
- Bladder or yeast infections
- Miscarriages, difficult pregnancies
- Peri menopause, menopausal symptoms
- PMS/Depression with menstruation
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterine fibroids
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Enhances Pregnancy, aids in labor and delivery
- Low energy
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Gastro Esophogeal Reflux (GERD)
- Crohn's Disease
- Chronic constipation
- Low Back ache
- Chronic indigestion or heartburn
- Restricted breathing due to tension
Cost: Initial 2 Hour Session..... $200
Follow Up 90 Minute Session.....$160