Stepping into the center is in itself a calming experience. The atmosphere is a respite form the bustle of Braddock Ave. I leave with a peaceful outlook and a healthier body.
- Spa Services
- Massage Therapy
- Spa Treatments
- Wellness Services
- Energy Medicine
- Couples Massage & Spa Services
- Pregnancy & Women's Health Sessions
- Areas of Specialty
- Private Yoga
- Seasonal Spa Services
- About Us
By Jessica Lang
February 2nd, 2013
Beat the winter blues and boost your self-esteem during February for International Boost Your Self-Esteem Month!
Self-esteem is what a person thinks of themselves internally. With the fast-paced society that we live in, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and run down. However, no matter what life brings your way, it is important to find the positive in everything you do. It is also important to acknowledge and accept your strengths and weaknesses. Here are some tips to help you build your self-esteem:
- Set Realistic Goals. When you set realistic expectations, you can stop belittling yourself for not meeting some idealistic goal.
- Acknowledge Your Accomplishments. A simple and easy way to do this is to have a “To Do” list. Even tasks as simple as “washing dishes” or “folding clothes” seem like more of an accomplishment than a chore when you can cross them off of a list as done.
- Pay A Compliment. By looking for the best in others, you will indirectly bring out the best in yourself. Don’t get caught up in gossip, as it usually turns into negative conversation.
- Work Out. If you feel out of shape, then you are going to feel more insecure, unattractive and less energetic. By having a regular workout routine, you will improve your appearance, become more energetic and feel like you are accomplishing something positive.
Take advantage of the time that the winter season gives you to reflect on your goals and accomplishments! Make your “To Do” list and get started! I hope the month of February reminds you to stay positive and build confidence!